From the Desk of Jim Kasic
December 6, 2022
December 2022…It’s hard to believe it’s been almost three years since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. To say the medical device industry – let alone the world – has gone through upheaval is an understatement. But as we close out the year and toward 2023, the industry is moving full steam ahead.
Here at Boulder iQ, we have seen a steady increase for demand in our product development and sterilization business. A few highlights:
- Engineering, manufacturing and product development: Business has continued to grow, with varied and challenging projects. We’re now manufacturing hydrogels, and we’ve designed and manufactured several innovative scopes and long-term implants this past year.
- Sterilization: We added three sterilization chambers this year, bringing our total to five, to meet increased demands from medical device developers nationwide. We’re also now providing contract sterile fill operations.
- Process equivalency: We began offering outsourced process equivalency service for ethylene oxide sterilization, addressing a critical market demand brought about by a change in servicing of sterilizers/aerators.
- Packaging: We’ve ramped up packaging and packaging validations in response to requests from most sterilization clients.
- A growing team: We continue to expand our team of bright, innovative professionals. Among the newest members are: Jo Rupprecht, senior vice president, regulatory and quality; Melinda Sogo, director of quality; and Mike Olichney, lead engineer. Together, they bring a combined total of almost 100 years of healthcare product development experience to Boulder iQ.
Next year, we’ll be expanding our sterilization capacities further, and plan to introduce contract Medical Device Reporting for Manufacturers. We’re looking forward to providing more services to more clients throughout the year. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the development or market introduction of your device.
Jim Kasic, Founder & Chairman